Friday 12 June 2009

Hopping mad.

I am absolutely furious - maybe I should drink some more water or something, that's supposed to help.

People tell you to wait by the phone, they will call, and they don't, you get hold of them, they say they'll call in ten. Nothing. Then you realise that 36 hours have passed. Charming man.

Anyway, the weekend is upon us, so I'll keep it short. I have today received some exciting documents from the city council relating to expenses and trips. Looking at what to do with them and hoping to run a few days of stories on them next week.

Posted the video on here of Keith Vaz being slurped at by Diane Abbott yesterday, which got a good reaction so made it on our website. Got a quote from Mr Vaz - glad he saw the funny side.

"Diane is an old friend. I reckon she could try her hand as an impressionist should she ever want to give up politics!” - he said. (She was taking the mickey out of me, I didn't really look that pleased on screen, now I'll start using words like "Reckon" to get down with the kids and look light-hearted afterwards in this quote. Job done.)

Off to London tonight for more birthdays and wedding-related organising. Shame I'm not around for Alan Duncan's public meeting in Oakham tomorrow at Victoria Hall from 10am. We are of course covering it and will have a story in on Monday. Very interested to know what happens there and whether it is painful. I suspect that the hall will be very busy, but Alan is not stupid, so a large proportion may be his supporters to ensure it doesn't get too ugly. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. What are you talking about, "using words like 'reckon' to get down with the kids"?

    "Reckon" dates back to the thirteenth century, from the Middle English "rekenen".

    Do you not need any knowledge of English to be a journalist these days? Yet, you obviously deem it fit, to criticise other people in your writing.

    Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

    ReplyDelete